07 Nov 2022
Join online Thursday, 10 November 2022, 7PM to understand more about the facts on the health risks of e-cigarette use (vaping).
This webinar will answer your questions about vaping:
- What are the harms of vaping?
- What is the impact of nicotine on young people?
- What are signs to look out for to know my child is vaping?
- What are the sources of support to quit nicotine (smoking and vaping)?
- What can I do to support my child?
- Is the sale of vapes legal? What is the situation for children under 18 years of age?
- What are schools doing to address vaping?
At the conclusion of the presentation, there will be the opportunity for attendees to ask questions of the panel.
The following panel will be at the webinar to share information and answer your questions:
- Dr Kerry Chant, Chief Health Officer and Deputy Secretary, Population and Public Health, NSW Ministry of Health
- Renee West, PDHPE Curriculum Advisor 7-12, NSW Department of Education
- Dr Bronwyn Milne, Head of Department Adolescent Medicine, Sydney Children's Hospital Network, Staff Specialist Paediatrician and Addiction Medicine Specialist
P&C Federation President Natalie Walker will facilitate the webinar.
Registrations are now open for this webinar. If you can't attend, the webinar will be recorded and all registrants will be notified once the recording is available for viewing.
Parents & Carers Federation is co-hosting this upcoming webinar with NSW Health and the NSW Department of Education.
Learn about where to find more information in the NSW Government’s Vaping Toolkit.
Parents & Carers Federation is co-hosting this upcoming webinar with NSW Health and the NSW Department of Education