Cross curriculum content enriches and supports the learning areas and adds depth to student learning.
Killara High School provides an exceptionally broad curriculum across all Key Learning Areas, and a range of extra-curricular activities . These include leadership groups, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme, a Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) Program, and clubs ranging from coding to chess to knitting.
Apollo: In Year 10, all students complete the Apollo course.
For details on all these opportunities please click on the link here: Curriculum Enrichment Brochure.
In NSW students study a range of learning across the curriculum content.
The following are the general capabilities and cross-curriculum priorities of the Australian Curriculum.
Cross curriculum priorities:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- Asia and Australia’s engagement with Asia
- critical and creative thinking
- ethical understanding
- information and communication technology capability
- intercultural understanding
- personal and social capability
Other learning across the curriculum areas:
- civics and citizenship
- difference and diversity
- work and enterprise.